Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Modern art?

So this craft and I were not on the same page from the start. I had all intentions of tracing and cutting out Lincoln's hands then decorating them with items using glue.


Problem number 1- after I traced and cut out Lincoln's hands I realized his hands were too small for the decorations I already had out. So I scratched that idea and just gave him a whole paper bag to decorate.
Problem number 2- I panicked at the last minute with the glue and I ran to the kitchen and mixed powdered sugar with water to make an edible glue-like substance in case it made it's way to his mouth (which it did).
Problem number 3- I added too much water to the powdered sugar so it was a lot runnier than I wanted, but Lincoln's patience had run out so I made due with what we had.
Honestly it turned out to be a fun project but it was nowhere near what I had in mind at the beginning.









No comments: