Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fire!

A few weeks ago we went to the Library and they had a fireman there teaching the kids about fires. Then afterwards the kids all got to go outside and see a real fire truck. Today I was giving Linc a bath when I all of the sudden started smelling smoke. I kind of panicked and ran out to our balcony. All I could see was smoke coming from the other side of our building. So I ran back inside grabbed Linc out of the tub and ran and grabbed Liam who was sleeping in his swing and rushed outside. Turns out someone had thrown their cigarette into some freshly laid bark on a really windy day and it caught three different sections next to our condo on fire. One of my neighbors was outside throwing glasses of water on it and another neighbor saw him and ran out his hose. Long story short, the firemen showed up and saved the day. We didn't get a shot of the firemen in action but we did get a picture with the fire truck! Please notice the wet hair and yes, I was in a panic and threw his dirty clothes back on him haha.

No comments: